Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!



So I know it's a couple days before, but I got my Valentines early this year. :)

Garrett had to go out of town for work. He left yesterday and will be gone until Thursday morning. Since he isn't going to be here Tuesday, he surprised me with an early Valentine. :)

I had to work yesterday until three, and Garrett had to be on the road around 2. So around 1:30 he came by my work to leave me a sweet Valentines Day card and say goodbye. (I love when he visits me at work.) The card was really sweet and it was fun talking to him. We said our forever long goodbye and he was on the road. When I got out of work I locked up the building and headed out to my car. When I opened the door, I found a beautiful pink rose on the drivers seat with a little hand written card that said, "I love our long drives together." :) Well, I melted inside and called him up to tell him how thoughtful he was, to thank him for the beautiful rose, and agree with him about our long drives together. :) I smelled the flower as I talked to him on the way home feeling like a princess. Little did I know that was only flower #1.

I walked through the door and immediately saw flower #2 on the table in the entryway with another hand written card stating another thing he loved about me. :) I once again thought that was so sweet and figured he'd just quickly dropped it off on his way back from seeing me before he hit the long road. My mom and brothers and sisters were all sitting in the piano room and so I went in to chat with them and to smell my beautiful flowers and swoon over what a lucky girl I am to have such a thoughtful and wonderful prince charming. :)

As we sat there I began to notice that my family was acting a little strange... I looked around at them trying to figure out what was going on. I felt like I was the odd one out on some kind of inside joke. My mom went over to the piano and started playing "Heart and Soul" and that's when it all clicked. :) There was flower #3 sitting on the piano keys with another "I love you" note. As I looked at and smelled my beautiful flower my mom made the suggestion that I go and get a vase........... a big one. :)  The search was on!

On my way to the Kitchen I found flowers 4 & 5, and in and around the kitchen area were flowers 6-8. I carefully put those flowers in a vase and headed up to my room. When I opened the door I found 4 more flowers making a total of 12. Each flower was accompanied by a sweet note stating something that he loves about me. :)

Each flower is so unique and beautiful! I swear he went into the flower shop and searched until he found the most beautiful, most perfect flowers that they had! I love him so much! And I feel like the luckiest valentine in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment