Saturday, February 11, 2012

Engagements at Snow Basin



Okay, so these are just a few of the pictures that we took for our engagement shots. (Isn't he so cute?!) I wanted to put so many more but I can't figure out yet how to post a slide show of pictures so I'll have to be satisfied with just these ones for now. :)

Getting our engagement pictures was a fun experience. We have a GREAT photographer! He's so fun and he does a really good job. (http://jeffhodgesphoto.blogspot.com/)

We decided to take our pictures up at Snow Basin because I really wanted snow in the pictures. (You would think that in January it wouldn't be too difficult to find a spot with a lot of snow but hey, this is Utah. You never know what the weather will do.) And it was fun. :) Jeff was really familiar with the area because he's done photo shoots there before, so he knew where all of the perfect spots were for picture taking. The first spot we went to was a small path lined with tall trees and covered in snow. He had us walk down the path a ways ahead of him, and then turn and start walking toward him while he snapped a few shots. Garrett and I just started giggling. :) It felt so unreal! We couldn't believe that we were actually getting our own engagement pictures taken! It was so much fun.

We got up to Snow Basin and it was COLD! We should have known that it would be. After all, we were on a ski resort... :) It's kind of funny looking through the pictures. You can watch our noses and cheeks gradually grow darker and darker as we were growing colder and colder... :) But it was totally worth every shiver and every chatter of our teeth. :) We had decided that we wanted to start with some formal pictures and end with some that were a little more casual. Beginning in a skirt and heels might not have been the best idea. BRRRRR! :) But Garrett was so sweet and didn't make me walk through the snow. He carried me everywhere so that my feet wouldn't get too cold. :) Do you see why I'm crazy about him?!

At the end of the photo shoot Jeff suggested snow angels and a snowball fight. I reached down for some snow to make my first snowball and immediately dropped it! It was FREEZING!!! You know that cold that is so cold that it burns? That's what this snow was like. There was no way I could hold onto it long enough to form it into a ball. My Prince Charming came to the rescue again. :) He made all four snowballs so that I wouldn't have to freeze my hands. Aw! :) After the snowball fight we decided to fore go the snow angels and head home to thaw out our frozen bones. :) But we had a really good time.

3 comments: