Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello again! :)

Wow! I have REALLY slacked this time! But I sort of have a good excuse... we've moved to Jacksonville, Florida for Law School. When we first got here, we didn't have any internet... Or really ANYTHING for that matter. We were sleeping on a twin sized air mattress for the first couple weeks. :) Our Bishop was so nice to let us borrow it!

We've come a long way since then though. :) Thanks to Sharelle, we now have a bed, a couch and 2 matching chairs, two lamps, (the living room set all came together) a table and 4 chairs which used to belong to Sharelle and are way nice, a super cute ottoman, a little bedside table, and many more things. She was so sweet and found all of this for us and they were all at really great prices.

Then, Mom and Dad Smith came for a visit with Tanner and they brought down a TON of our stuff from our storage unit. We hadn't had time to move our things down from Utah between summer sales and school so they were so sweet and stuffed their carry-on bags full of our things! We are definitely blessed with GREAT family!

Because there is so much to cover, and I don't want to make this long and boring... I'll just make a list of things that have happened to quickly get you up to date and hopefully I will be more consistent with future updates... :) Sorry! You should see my journal... it's even worse... I REALLY need to work on that.

Okay, here's the list in no particular order:

1. Garrett is in Law School and he is doing so well. He is SO awesome and I am so proud of him! He's beginning his gear-up for finals so, keep him in your prayers! :)

2. Garrett and I have been made the ward missionary couple! :) We're companions!!! YAY!!! And NO TRANSFERS! :) We are so excited and have LOVED this calling so far! We get to meet with families one on one and help train them in missionary work! It is so much fun and we have so many incredible families in our ward!

3. There is a man named John doing a paper on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and what we believe and it has been cool seeing him each week at church and being able to answer any questions that he has. We're all hoping that this "investigating" will become more than just a homework assignment. :)

4. We have been crazy about chips and salsa lately. :) We made homemade salsa the other night, and today I am trying a recipe for homemade (from scratch) Tortilla chips! We'll see how it goes! :)

5. We were the King and Queen of hearts for Halloween. :)
 ...i really thought this list would be longer... haha I guess not much happens in three months... :)

6. Last, but most certainly not least... :) WE'RE HAVING A BABY! :) We are on week 15. :) Soon we'll know boy or girl. :)  WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! :)

Anyway, I guess you didn't miss much. ;) haha. I hope all is well with you!

Until next time! :)



4 comments:

  1. thanks for the update Madi, I am so happy that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, I just love you so much! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madi! I am so happy for you! Being a Mom is the BEST thing in the world! Thanks for the update! I miss you but am glad to see that you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Time has flown so fast :) I'm sooo exciting for the new baby that's coming, it will be such a blessing :-) Good luck for Garrett in Law school (its one tough program so I hear), and good luck living in Florida! I miss you Hrma. Madison and love ya tons!!

    Rochele

    ReplyDelete