Friday, August 3, 2012

Mini Cheesecakes! Mmm!!!

Okay, So remember in the last post how I told you that Garrett and I went shopping? :) Well, while were there, strolling the aisles at Kroger, we happened upon a small display of many cute and wonderful cooking tools. :) They had molds for cake pops of all shapes and sizes, trays for muffins and cupcakes, creative treat ideas and recipes, and one thing that especially caught my eye... :) It was so cute just sitting there on the shelf. I could hardly contain my joy as I lifted it to get a closer look. It was a small package containing three small items: A mini rolling pin, a mini bread pan, and a mini spring-form pan. :) Well, must have seen the pure delight in my eyes because he took one look at me and knew we were getting it. :)

The one I was most excited about was the spring-form pan. :) So I dedicated my next afternoon to making mini cheesecakes. :) I had to do them one at a time because I only have the one pan. It took longer than I expected because I didn't think about the fact that I had to let each cake cool in the oven before removing it from the pan... So this is how my day went:

I set my toaster oven to 350 degrees, I press about 3/4 cups worth of crumbs into my pan, I pour in about a cup of filling, and then I stick the cake in the oven. Once my cake is done, (about a half an hour later) I turn the oven off and leave the door slightly ajar and wait about another half hour for it to cool. Then I take it out and do the whole process again. :)

In the end a total of seven mini cheesecakes were made. :) We had chocolate syrup and strawberry filling as toppings. :) They are so good! And SOOOOO Cute!!! :) I love cheesecake!


Look how cute it looks sitting in my toaster oven! :) Aw!

This is what it looks like without toppings sitting next to an orange. :)
Here it is with the strawberry filling on top. This is how small it is! Look! It fits in the palm of my hand! :)
...I love small things. :)



And this is with both chocolate syrup and strawberry filling.... SO GOOD!!!! :)

So there you have them! My mini cheesecakes that I am so proud of! haha :) Now all I have to do is figure out how much of each ingredient I need to make just one mini cheesecake... :) ...Maybe I'll just ask Garrett. He's a genius! :) He'll know the answer! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! You baked cheesecake all day Long girl! Wish I was there to help you eat it. :). I bet Garrett LOVED it"

    ReplyDelete